Statement about Coronavirus – updated 24/03/21
Today (24th March 2021) Cycle Seahaven (CSH) Committee have updated our Coronavirus Ride Guidance in line with UK Government advice and updated guidance from Cycling UK for affiliated groups like CSH.
From the 29th March 2021, subject to the Ride Leader(s) feeling comfortable with a larger group, rides can now go ahead with up to a maximum of 15 riders in each group.
We are able to increase the group size, as Sport England has published guidance confirming that group cycle rides are included in the organised sport and activity exemption from the “Rule of 6”.
Cycling UK has stated that 15 riders is an absolute maximum for group rides. For some rides, usually where the 15 limit is likely to be exceeded, or where the Leader wants to know who to expect, you may still need to contact the ride leader(s) to book a place on a ride. This will be clearly stated in the first line of the Ride description with the words ***you will need to book a place on this ride*** .
This guidance is in addition to our usual ride requirements.
In summary, from the 29th March 2021, CSH group rides can restart. Groups will be limited to a maximum of 15 riders but multiple groups are permitted.
When at a refreshment stop it will be the responsibility of all riders to comply with the ‘Rule of 6’. This will be until 17th May 2021 at the earliest.
Please check the Calendar to see if you need to book a place.
- Do not come on a ride if you feel in any way unwell.
- Groups must not exceed 15 riders in total. Multiple Groups are permitted, providing groups do not come into contact with each other on the road or trail.
- Groups will need to maintain a “clear gap” at any assembly points as well as during the ride. Ride Leaders may consider staggered start times, or perhaps different start locations.
- It is not the role of the ride leader to enforce social distancing, this is a duty inherent on everyone. So please respect the 2-metre social distance and ‘Rule of 6’ at refreshment stops.
- Ride Leaders should post their rides on the calendar in the usual manner.
- Bring all you need for the ride COVID wise, including a face covering, hand sanitizer etc, as well as anything you need to get home in the event of a mechanical.