Dear Cycle Seahaven member,
The guidance for Cycle Seahaven rides has been revised following the CSH committee meeting held on 27th July 2020. We are still complying with Government Guidance if the safety advice below is followed.
In making our decision we referred to the Government’s latest rules on allowing up to 6 people to exercise together whilst keeping the required social distance. Please click here to see the new rules.
We also referred to the guidance published by Cycling UK to which Cycle Seahaven is an affiliated body. Please click here to read the guidance.
It has been necessary to implement the following changes to our normal practice:
- Do not come on a ride if you feel in anyway unwell.
- Groups must not exceed six riders in total. Cycling UK has stated that failure to adhere to this may invalidate our liability insurance. If there are more than 5 riders plus the Leader, there may be a call for an “assistant leader” to lead a second group in compliance with CSH Guidance. If no one offers, then numbers will be strictly limited to 6 total.
- In order to comply with the spirit of the COVID regulations, groups will need to maintain a “clear gap” during the ride.
- Please respect the 2 metre social distance.
- Ride Leaders should consider posting their rides on the calendar in the usual manner. If you want to join the ride you will need to contact the Ride Leader to ‘register.’
- Please do not just turn up the start point with others, as unregistered riders may be turned away if the ride is full.
- Please respect the Ride Leader’s choice of route.
- In the interest of fairness members will not be able to bulk book rides.
- Bring all you need for the ride and to get home in the event of mechanical.