Statement about Coronavirus – updated 17/05/21
Today (17th May 2021) Cycle Seahaven (CSH) Committee have updated our Coronavirus Ride Guidance in line with UK Government advice for England and updated information from Cycling UK for their affiliated groups like CSH.
Cycling UK state; “From Monday 17 May, groups of up to 30 people from any number of households will be permitted to meet outdoors, which effectively removes any limits on group riding up to this number. However, Cycling UK still advises that limiting group rides to a maximum of 15 people is sensible ”.
Therefore, from the 17th May 2021, subject to the Ride Leader(s) feeling comfortable with a larger group, rides can continue with up to a maximum of 30 riders in each group. Ride Leaders should consider splitting larger groups by appointing assistant leaders whenever practicable.
For some rides, where the Leader wants to know who to expect, you may still need to contact the ride leader(s) to book a place on a ride. This will be clearly stated in the first line of the Ride description with the words ***you will need to book a place on this ride*** .
This guidance is in addition to our usual ride requirements.
In summary, from the 17th May 2021, CSH Group rides can continue with groups of 30 riders, but smaller groups should be considered by the ride leader where practicable.
When at a refreshment stop, you may now sit outside in a group of 30, or inside in a group of 6.
It will be the responsibility of all riders to comply with any COVID requirements.
The requirements will be in force intil at least 21st June 2021.
Please check the calendar to see if you need to book a place.
- Do not come on a ride if you feel in any way unwell.
- Groups must not exceed 30 riders in total. Multiple Groups are permitted, providing groups do not come into contact with each other on the road or trail.
- It is not the role of the ride leader to enforce social distancing, this is a duty inherent on everyone. So please respect any COVID requirements at meeting points, during the ride and at refreshment stops.
- Ride Leaders should post their rides on the calendar in the usual manner.
- Bring all you need for the ride COVID wise, as well as anything you need to get home in the event of a mechanical.