Cycle Seahaven’s goal is to promote cycling and encourage people to have fun and keep fit in an environmentally friendly way. We try to keep our membership fees down so everyone can participate. If you are joining for the first time or renewing your membership please consider payment using a standing order. This significantly reduces the workload of our Treasurer when renewals are due. Thank you.
What is the membership fee and how long does it last?
Our membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st
- Individual Membership is £8 per calendar year (reduced to £7 for a standing order).
- Household Membership is available for anyone living at the same address. They can all join for a £14 (reduced for a standing order to £13).
How do I join?
All new members need to complete an application form, which includes a standing order mandate. As we are a voluntary organisation, we prefer standing order payments as it reduces our admin workload massively. Standing order is also easier for you, meaning you don’t have to remember to pay us annually. You can cancel at any time, direct with your bank.
If, for whatever reason a standing order is not for you, then there are other ways that you can pay. Click here for details, but remember to complete and return the appropriate application form above.
I’m an existing member – how do I renew?
Our preference is for you to pay for your membership by standing order. This can be set up at any date throughout the year to begin 1st January of the following year.
If you’d prefer not to, you can renew using any of these options.
If you are under 18 yrs of age, more information is available here
Here are just some good reasons and benefits of being a member:
- Our club promotes safe cycling – it’s a ‘green’ healthy sustainable form of transport that just happens to be fun and enjoyable, whatever the weather.
- We are working closely with many local authorities to make cycling safer and more accessible routes for all cyclists.
- We are continually campaigning on behalf of our members to improve cycle routes in our area.
- Members receive a discounted fee for joining the cyclingUK
- We organise regular rides for Road, Off-Road and family cycling
- Members can opt-in to receive weekly email alerts for all our rides and events
- Members can join our Google, Facebook and Twitter sites to communicate with other members for rides, bikes for sale, social events, etc.