With the Project to build The Egrets Way well into its 3rd year, we have recently become a Registered Charity (No 1155182). This will enable us to raise funds more easily as well as to limit the personal liability of the Trustees (members of the Steering Committee).
It also means that now only Members of the Project can vote at the AGM.
So, we would like you to apply to become a Member of the Project in time for our next AGM. The only requirements are that:
you agree with and support the aims of the OVCN Project (listed below) and
you become a Member at least 3 months before the AGM.
Membership does not impose any obligations on you other than to continue to support our aims, so you can resign your membership at any time. It does, however, ensure that you will be kept informed about progress as we continue to work toward the completion of the Project.
To become a Member you only have to reply to send an email to the OVCN Secretary, a link is provided below. This will conﬁrm that you agree with and support the aims of the OVCN Project and would like to become a Member.
The AGM will be held in January, 2015 (date and venue to be conﬁrmed) so to be eligible to vote please sign up by the end of October 2014.
Chair, Ouse Valley Cycle Network (Egrets Way) Project
Aims of the OVCN Project
- Creating a network of safe, shared routes in the Ouse valley for everyday and recreational use
- Connecting Ouse valley town, villages and amenities
- Offering sustainable access for all to the South Downs National Park
- Encouraging healthy lifestyle choices
- Linking local, national and international routes
- Helping to create a thriving local economy and green tourism
- Promoting understanding of Living Landscapes
Click HERE to send a pre-formatted email to OVCN.
For more information on OVCN and their exciting project for a cycle route between Newhaven and Lewes go to http://egretsway.org.uk or click on our club link for other OVCN articles http://cycleseahaven.org.uk/category/campaigns/ovcnp/