Looking for a good place to stop on your cycle ride for some rest and refreshment? If so, take a look at the list of refreshment stops that the tourers use on their rides.
It’s recently been revised to include only those which we consider local in touring terms so they’re all in Sussex plus a few on the western side of Kent. Those further away such as in the Seine-Maritime department of France have been deleted but will appear in a future list which may prove useful to cyclists staying in Dieppe.
This revised list comprises thirty refreshment stops of which the ten we most frequently visit are as follows:
- Ripe Village Stores
- The Grove Farmhouse Café, Blackboys
- Di Paolo Café, Bexhill
- Castle Cottage Tearoom, Pevensey
- The Village shop Café, Upper Dicker
- Cinders Buffet (Lavender Line) at Isfield on Sundays
- Molly’s Café, Rottingdean
- Carats Café, Southwick
- Lakeside Café, Horam
- Luna Rossa Italian Restaurant, Newhaven for morning coffee.
The Refreshment List is a Google Map showing the location of each of the thirty places.