Dr Bike is a group of cycle enthusiasts from Cycle Seahaven who help local people to use their bikes more. If you are not pedalling because of dodgy brakes, stiff gears, rattles, creaks or soft tyres, bring your poorly cycle to a Dr Bike surgery.
We don’t charge for labour and parts, as funded with grant assistance from Cycling UK. However, you are welcome to make a donation to our nominated cause for 2022/23, NEWHAVEN BAPTIST FOOD BANK, charity number 247232
Dr Bike sessions run 10am – 12pm on dates listed in the table below. Any changes will be advertised on the CSH Calendar, our Club Newsletter and the Dr Bike Facebook page (link below).
The Cycle Hub near the Gateway Cafe in the Big Park, Peacehaven (aka Centenary Park). There is plentiful parking which can be accessed via Piddinghoe Avenue, BN10 8RH
Find Dr Bike on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Dr-BIKE-109125471561944/
It may be possible for members to make use of loan cycles through our ongoing relationship with Sustrans and ESCC. Enquiries can be made through the Loan Bike Coordinater via the websites Contact Us page to check availability, type and size.
CONDITIONS OF LOAN
- To provide membership number, name, address & contact phone.
- Loans for an initial duration of 2 – 3 weeks only, with proviso to discuss extension period should others not be waiting.
- All collections/returns at The Cycle Hub, the Big Park, Peacehaven, ideally during the Dr Bike Surgeries which are held every third Saturday of the month.
- All bikes to be returned in the condition received.
- A £15 cleaning charge will be incurred for bikes returned dirty.
- All bikes come supplied with a spare inner tube, which if used must be replaced & returned with the bike.
- Any faults with the bike must be reported immediately as it may be necessary to recall the bike for maintenance.
Please note loan bikes are not supplied with lights. Take good care of your loan bike as any abuse could result in this facility being removed from Cycle Seahaven members, and most of all enjoy your ride.